How to Apply
Please forward a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Inflammatix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions and breastfeeding, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Bioinformatics Scientist
We are seeking a highly motivated Bioinformatics Scientist to help run diagnostic biomarker discovery. The position will have a major public health impact: you will see your in silico work translated to a clinical product. This is a fantastic opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing biotech startup, and as an early employee, participate in all aspects of scientific development.
- Execute and document the development of diagnostic biomarkers and algorithms using large gene expression datasets (microarray, RNA-Seq/NGS, PCR), under direction of senior scientists
- Keep a detailed research log and summarize work in research reports and presentations
- MS degree or equivalent work experience in biomedical informatics, computer science, statistics, or related field(s)
- Familiarity with R and/or python and Linux operating system
- Familiarity with biological data repositories such as GEO and TCGA is a plus
- Experience in biotechnology industry or academic research setting is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Prior work with microarray/RNAseq data, and/or biomarker development, is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; organized and efficient
- Interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Willingness to work and thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment; able to manage competing priorities
SALARY AND CLASSIFICATION:
- Classification: Full-time position.
- Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications; includes equity package.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision; 401(k) and more.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward a cover letter and resume to: jobs [at] inflammatix.com