We are seeking a highly motivated Computational Biologist to help run early-stage biomarker discovery. The position will have a major public health impact: you will see your in silico work translated to a clinical product. This is a fantastic opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing biotech startup.
- Execute and document the development of diagnostic biomarkers and algorithms using large gene expression datasets (microarray, RNAseq/NGS, PCR), under direction of senior scientists.
- Keep a detailed research log and summarize work in research reports and presentations.
- MS degree or equivalent work experience in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, or related field(s).
- 3-5 years’ experience in biotechnology industry or academic research setting.
- Proficiency with R and/or python, and Linux operating system
- Familiarity with biological data repositories such as GEO and TCGA.
- Experience building machine learning models
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Prior work with microarray/RNAseq data, and/or biomarker development, is a plus.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills; organized and efficient.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; excellent time management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment; able to manage competing priorities.
SALARY AND CLASSIFICATION:
- Classification: Full-time position.
- Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience; includes equity package.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision; 401(k) and more.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please forward a cover letter and resume to jobs [at] inflammatix.com