We are seeking a highly motivated Bioinformatics Scientist to develop predictive models for diagnosing infectious and other diseases. The position will have a major public health impact: you will see your in silicowork translated to a clinical product. This is a fantastic opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing biotech startup, and as an early employee, part of the job will be significant input on all aspects of scientific development.
- Design, execute and document the development of diagnostic or predictive statistical models and/or machine learning or deep learning algorithms using gene expression data (microarray, RNAseq/NGS, NanoString, PCR).
- Integrate novel molecular diagnostic outputs with clinical variables in joint statistical models.
- Keep a detailed research log and summarize work in research reports, presentations, abstracts, and manuscripts.
- PhD degree, or MS and equivalent work experience, in computer science, statistics, machine learning or related field
- Significant experience in applying data analyses to clinical/biological problems, in particular ICU or emergency medicine settings
- Proficiency in R, python, and Linux operating system
- Familiarity with deep learning, including TensorFlow, keras or similar framework
- Familiarity with biological data repositories such as GEO and TCGA is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Prior work with microarray or RNA-Seq data, and/or biomarker development, is a plus.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills; organized and efficient.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; excellent time management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment; able to manage competing priorities.
SALARY AND CLASSIFICATION:
- Classification: Full-time position.
- Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience; includes equity package.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision; 401(k) and more.
HOW TO APPLY: Please forward a cover letter and resume to: jobs [at] inflammatix [dot] com